Work After Death

We work to create wealth, a little individually trickled back for ourselves, a much greater amount, collectively for a few, and somehow we subscribe to how we are so much better off. It’s a badge of honor. Ask the givers of badges.

The work I do now is, as of yet, nonredeemable in currency. Therefore, I believe, I’m considered an unproductive strain on the system and therefore subject to raised eyebrows for the wrong reason.
I seek only subsidy to continue my work as I see it. It’s not a hobby. I’m in the thralls of an old age right of passage now considered unaffordable when money is instead needed for bombs.
I refuse to allow my work to be rendered as such. I won’t surrender its value as such. I deny the oppressive dominant norm.
This all may seem confusing, but my metaphors will eventually explain it all in due time. Trust me.